The causes of Restless Leg Syndrome are generally unknown. Often times trigger points, which are generally overlooked, can be the cause. If so, the solution can often be easily achieved with DMR Therapy®.
Restless legs syndrome is characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an urge to move them, and considered a neurological disorder. Symptoms occur primarily at night when relaxed or resting, and may be less intense or absent early in the morning. These sensations might also (but less commonly) affect the arms, trunk, or head.
- The causes of Restless Legs Syndrome are generally unknown. A few factors that may cause or worsen this condition are:
- Certain chronic diseases and medical conditions
- Reactions to medications such as antinausea, antipsychotic and some antidepressant drugs.
- Calcium channel blockers
- Lack of exercise
It is believed that there is no cure for restless legs syndrome. The following treatments may be offered in an attempt to control this condition and decrease symptoms.
- Leg massages
- Hot baths or heating pads
- Ice applications
- Develop better, more regular sleep habits
- prescription drugs to increase dopamine in the brain.
- pain relievers
- nticonvulsants, or antiseizure drugs
DMR THERAPY® PERSPECTIVE:
Restless Leg Syndrome is a complicated syndrome with various origins. The restlessness is often caused directly by trigger points in the Soleus or Gastrocnemius muscles of the calf, the hamstrings, the Gluteus Maximus or Piriformis muscles in the buttocks and other treatments. Unfortunately, this possibility is rarely taken into account. DMR Therapy®, which often focuses on these causes, might be just the therapy that relieves this condition. As in many other conditions, this therapy does not worsen the condition and leaves no unwelcome side effects.